The Supply Chain Manager will be responsible for maximizing supply chain efficiency and effectiveness in meeting the demands of a rapidly growing production/manufacturing operation. The successful candidate will execute strategic programs in international and domestic sourcing, distribution and warehousing.
• Work with Senior management, product development team and the operations team on new product development and product enhancement programs to ensure effective sourcing of materials to meet specifications, material requirements, and pricing from suppliers. Actively seek creative supply solutions to optimize cost and value equation.
• Develop relationships in the marketplace to understand and stay abreast on industry changes which may impact various business management programs as it relates to pricing trends and new product.
• Add value to the management team. Be an individual that can approach business challenges from a macro perspective and resolve strategic issues effectively.
• Monitor and report on cost trends for key commodities impacting product categories.
• Develop and meet inventory goals for the company which effectively balance cash flow, industry leading product lead-times, and inventory turn rates
• Ensure all supplier contracts are complete, properly executed, and have considered all cost variables, including the unbundling of freight. Work with transportation in determining optimal delivery terms, rates and freight class.
• Research and evaluate suppliers based on price, quality, selections, service, support, availability, reliability, production and distribution capabilities, transportation cost, and supplier’s reputation and performance history.
• Enhance supplier development by communicating performance standards, developing joint improvement initiatives, and actively soliciting formal feedback.
• Negotiate resolution with suppliers relative to quality and service issues. Provide feedback to senior level representatives of suppliers on quality and delivery performance to assure continuous improvement in those areas.
• Utilize strategic sourcing tools to sustain continuous cost reduction initiatives for product BOM cost.
• Represent a professional, respectful and courteous manner when interacting with co-workers and suppliers. Team work skills are critical.
• Ensure supply contingency plans and strategy are up-to date and easily activated in the event primary suppliers are unable to perform as required.
• Other duties as assigned.
• 5+ years’ experience in Supply Chain Management in a manufacturing environment.
• Ability to manage multiple, complex projects and changing priorities; work extended hours when required, make sound decisions under pressure and work effectively in a team environment.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain management; MBA preferred