A CNC operator will be responsible for running proper programs and maintaining the department schedule each day. By taking ownership of the area, they will maintain a clean and organized machine and work area performing tasks as assigned. Our operation is machining and cutting of cabinets with an edge banding operation.
- Prepare and operate CNC machines to perform tasks such as drilling, grinding, and milling for the fabrication of cabinets
- Read blueprints, mechanical drawings, and other specifications for quality parts
- Prepare and load raw materials and parts onto the machines
- Set machines to complete full cycles to fabricate large number of parts
- Be able to read a system generated schedule to drive on time delivery
- Inspect and measure finished products and compare them with requirements to determine if the process has been completed properly
- Check and maintain machinery daily to ensure functionality
- Maintain a clean organized work area.
- Do operator PMs as determined by the company
- Proven experience as CNC operator. Edge banding experience is a plus.
- 3 years of experience in operating CNC machinery and tooling. Cabinet experience is a plus.
- Ability to read and interpret Engineering documents and drawings
- An understanding of computer operated machinery
- Mechanical aptitude and good math skills
- A keen eye for detail and results-driven approach
- Good communication abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent