The Production Material Handler is an integral link between the Supply Chain Management Team and the production floor. The Production Material Handler ensures the production cells are adequately stocked with inventory, putting the inventory away in their proper locations and assisting with inventory discrepancies.
- Order materials from the warehouse as needed for production teams through online replenishment system.
- Put inventory away on production lines in assigned locations.
- Work with line leads to establish inventory locations and levels on each line.
- Ensure assigned locations are labeled appropriately on production lines.
- Maintain trigger points for system driven replenishment where appropriate.
- Verify transfer of parts from warehouse.
- Work with inventory control to trouble shoot inventory discrepancies on production floor.
- Enter scrap and reject items in Reject workflow daily.
- Ensure production aisles are kept clean and free of empty skids.
- Previous experience with safe operation of forklift.
- Ability to calculate mathematical values.
- Must have a working knowledge of internet software usage, order processing systems, inventory software, and word processing software.
- Must be knowledgeable in warehouse procedures.
- Ability to give attention to detail.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds unassisted.