The Manufacturing Engineer will be responsible for collecting and analyzing data to identify improvement opportunities in the areas of quality, cost, productivity and delivery. Once identified this person will design, test, implement and control the change using a hand-on approach.
- Facilitate design and process improvements that increase quality, manufacturability, and reduce cost.
- Develop and implement testing procedures for products and processes.
- Participate in design reviews for design, assembly, and manufacturability purposes.
- Work with various teams to reduce process and business variations.
- Assist operations and engineering teams as needed.
- Ability to identify product failures and quality issues using root cause analysis.
- Develop data driven corrective actions to solve issues.
- Establish engineering standards.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of operational standards and procedures.
- Support the start-up and integration of new operations projects.
- Provide technical support and guidance as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Bachelor’s degree in (Manufacturing, Industrial, Mechanical or Process) Engineering or equivalent.
- A strong mechanical mindset that can identify the root cause and design proposed solutions.
- Must have good interpersonal skills, with the strong ability to effectively communicate with engineering, operations, and office personnel.
- Strong ability to manage multiple, complex projects and changing priorities; work extended hours when required, make sound decisions under pressure, and work effectively in a team environment.
- Must be self-motivated with ability to properly manage competing priorities.
- Proficient with Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office programs.
- Experience with AutoCAD and/or SolidWorks programs a plus.
- Robotic programming experience a plus.
- Sheet metal process experience a plus.
- Fixture & Tooling design experience a plus.